Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Farm Girl Vintage Blocks 8, 9, & 10

Hello!  I've finally finished my big run of custom orders (I can't wait to share all of them with you), so I've been able to breathe a little and sew on some other things...like my FGV blocks!

I had the pleasure of attending a sewing event at a local quilt shop and decided that I'd use the time to work on something for me.  *gasp* ;)

The first block I completed was this Churn Dash block. This one was really pretty easy...as always, it was fun to pick the fabrics.  I'd seriously consider doing a larger quilt with this just this block.



The second block I made was the Corn & Tomatoes block.  I think this one is my favorite from the night.  


My final block was the Cool Threads block.  This was a super fun block to make, but I did find that matching the corners of the "spools" with the "thread" was a little tricky.  It's for my bed, so I didn't fuss too much. ;)  I do think this is a particularly pretty block though. 


So...here's my progress so far!  I'm still several blocks behind, but I should be able to start catching up with the rest of the group.


Thank you so much for stopping by today!

Have an awesome day!

~Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment