Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Placemats and Quilting - WIP Wednesday

Hello!  Yay for Wednesday!  I've been stitching away this week, and I can't wait to share.

I've continued working on my Scrappy Star Placemats.  I got all the tops done for a set of four, and I decided to use a silvery gray from my stash for the backing.


I got them all quilted without any drama, going for a close meander instead of anything fancier.  I didn't want to take away from the design and colors.


Now it's time for binding...I'm having a hard time deciding on the gray stripe or the turquoise print.  What do you think?


While I'm figuring that out, I decide to go ahead and baste a quilt top I've had in my "to-quilt" pile.  I pulled out my Crossing Paths top and started working on it.  It should be a relatively quick finish.  I'm using a free-motion continuous curves quilting design, which I think is really going to be lovely with all those squares.


Well, that's what I'm working on this week!  If you've been checking in regularly, I want you to know that I've finished the t-shirt quilt and will have all the pictures and details for my Friday Finish post. <3

Thanks for stopping by...have a great day!







Today I'm linking up with Let's Bee Social, WOW, and Wednesday Wait Loss!

6 comments:

  1. I think the gray stripe will appeal to more people. You have a great day as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see that t-shirt quilt! Your Crossing Paths sure is lovely. I'm glad you brought it out of your to-do pile! It's going to be wonderful with your quilting choice. As for the placemats, they are adorable! I'd choose the turquoise binding, but that may be because it's one of my favorite colors. Thanks for linking to Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this doesn't help your decision making, but I think they both look great. I think the gray one is slightly more striking. Pretty placemats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty placemats! Either binding would look good, but I think I'm slightly biased towards the teal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Teal is nice but the grey is sophisticated, and compliments the greys in the sides and the centre. Lovely design.I met you on the 12 days of Christmas Blog hop page.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there, lovely quilting. I second what Nancy J said...grey is so sophistocated and modern looking. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete