Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Gift Idea - Mini Christmas Quilts!

Hello and welcome!  Today I want to share a fun gift idea I have done this year.

Every year, a ladies ministry holds a women's Christmas dinner and gift exchange at the church.  It is SO much fun!  There's always good food and the local middle school's show choir performed for us.  It was delightful.

For the exchange, each woman brings 8 similar gifts, then you leave with 8 different gifts.  These are what I took for my gifts!


These mini-quilts were so fun to make!  Each measured approximately 8.5" - the perfect size to use as mug rugs, trivets, candle mat, etc.

 I used a leftover charm pack and made a stack of half-square triangles, then just made simple 4-patches by mixing up the colors and direction of the triangles...each one was unique!

Here's a close-up of each:









My favorite part was the quilting.  I usually do allover FMQ patterns when I quilt, so getting in there and trying some more detailed, design-specific stitching was soooo fun.

Since one of my favorite things is to look at the backs to the quilting...here are my favorite backs!






I used a single 10" square for the back of each.  Thankfully, I have this big stack of 10" "blenders" from Connecting Threads.  It's one of my favorite go-tos when I need just a few more squares to fill out a pattern.  These worked perfectly!

Do you have a quick "go-to" gift idea?  I'd love to hear about it!  Have an awesome day!

~Summer

I'm linking up today with Free Motion by the River!

2 comments: