Thursday, April 13, 2017

Spring Placemats

I have a lot on my mind this week, which is typical during Holy Week.  There's quiet contemplation and building anticipation and excitement for Sunday.  This is our second year of being in ministry, so it feels like there's extra business, AND my lovely customers are keeping me busy with projects...thank you!

With all of that said, it's projects like this one that help me bring things together.  See, there's more that goes on beyond the pretty fabric and stitching...sewing is my quiet time.  I often listen to my Bible or other books.  Sometimes I listen to music and worship, and other times, I just sit and just listen to the whir of my machine and listen for that still small voice.  I find my center and my happy place while I sew.

This isn't a super-complicated queen-sized quilt, but they gorgeous placemats were exactly what I needed this week.


These are for the customer who purchase this table runner and requested matching placemats.


The fabric is called A Beautiful Thing by Zoe Pearn for Riley Blake.  I used White Kona to border and Charcoal Kona to bind.



These were so fun to quilt.  I free motioned simple loops, then bounced around each loop to make it flowery.  I'm pleased with how they turned out.



If the name "Quilting Is My Therapy" wasn't taken...I might have snatched it up, because really, I'm not sure how I'd cope without it.  I'm so, so, so thankful that I am able to do this and help support my family.  

Thank YOU for stopping by and supporting me...I truly appreciate it! <3

Have an awesome day!

~Summer



I'm Linking up today with Needle & Thread Thursday, Finished or Not Friday, TGIFF, Finish It up Friday, and Can I Get a Whoop Whoop?!

3 comments:

  1. These are nice! The fabric is well-named, eh? And the white/charcoal combo for support fabrics plays it up perfectly. I completely get what you mean by the contemplative and therapeutic nature of our work - its quietude is very grounding for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are just beautiful. The colours, pattern and quilting all enhance them really well. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so bright and springy! :)

    ReplyDelete